Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Taking a step back

Blogging friends and readers in this lovely blog world-

I need to tell you guys that I am cutting back the number of blogs that I read in an attempt to make my life mine.

What I mean by this is that I was reading so many GREAT, EXCELLENT, EXCITING, FUN blogs that I was missing out on other things in life.... and I was not happy.

I am still reading a few of my absolute favorite blogs and commenting on those. I am also going to continue blogging here. I love it too much! It pushes me to try new things!

I also need to cut back on the blogging because I have a really bad case of the "I want but can't haves". I have very little will power when it comes to shopping. I LOVE to have new things. I have a hard time watching some of these people get whatever they want whenever they want without feeling like I should/or can do that too.

I need to learn to be happy in my life without buying everything. I need to learn to be happy in my life with the things that I have. In an attempt to foster this, I am going to spend more of the time that I used to spend reading blogs on hanging out with my husband, puppy, and family. I am going to try to spend more time cleaning and organizing my house and being happy with the things in it and not with the things that I think I need or want to fill it.

I am going to spend more time working on all the projects that I buy the items for but never get around to them because I have been spending ALL of my time reading the GREAT, AWESOME, GOING TO BE MISSED blogs. You will still find most of these blogs in my blog list on the side bar so we can all browse through them from time to time, but my google reader will not be reading 100+ items after 3 hours.

If you guys find something that I NEED to read feel free to drop me a link. I still want to be in touch!

Hopefully the result of this will be a happier, better blogger on my end!

Don't forget me blogging world!!

5 comments:

alya said...

I commend you for breaking your blogging addiction. The internet, I think, has taken a toll on a lot of personal relationships: reverse the damage now. Congrats and I hope you do find yourself happier.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel the exact same way when it comes to blogging and the internet. I love love love all the FABULOUS bloggers I follow and love to read all their amazing posts, but it does take up alot of time. I think it is great what you are doing... sometimes people are so afraid of taking a break for fear of what they are leaving behind, but just think of the amazing things that may lay ahead. Good luck, I hope you find all that you are looking for! :)

Hugs,
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Blogging can be crazy stressful at times..

But you know, maybe what you need is a money management site to help you focus your shopping into thinking: this could help me save a ton of money!!!

(umm.. er.. like mine!? :D)

FabulouslyBroke.com

Or a site to help you downsize and control your need to shop.

The Everyday Minimalist talks about minimalism being an individual choice and not as extreme as you might think

Nubiasnonsense said...

lol you make a good point.. it really takes a lot of time out of your day and work.. It's a passion to blog and look at other blogs but sometimes you just want to relax or be out with your friends

good to still check sometime though =)

Kristen said...

I ebb and flow on following all the blogs I'd like to follow, but I feel guilty when I don't have time to comment as much as I'd like. I think we all go through it. Participate as much or as little as you would like, and don't feel guilty about anything. :)