Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Passionate Fashion - Turquoise and Coral




I love this combination. Turquoise and Coral!

You have read about this combination in magazines and books and everywhere else right now. They are right it is so cool and refreshing!

Yep that's right, my clothes make me feel.

I was reading on of Nina Garcia's books, One Hundred (Good read by the way!) and I was reading about these colors. I thought... I have those colors, NOW!

I found this necklace in an antique store with my mom last weekend. I think I paid $6 for it. I love it! Antique? Maybe. maybe not... but fun? YES!

Let me know what you think of my attempts at HATS and BOYFRIEND JEANS as this is out of my comfort zone and I am not sure I pulled them off.




Shirt- via Ann Taylor Loft (remixed)
Tank Top - Mia Bellina crop top (remixed)
Jeans - Men's BDG via Goodwill ($8)
Shoes - Delicious via Marshall's ($10)
Bracelet - Fossil via Herbergers ($15)
Necklace - via antique store ($6)
Hat - via Kohl's ($14)
Belt - Purple belt via Target

Did anyone in the Minneapolis - St Paul area visit the Junkapalooza (sp?) last weekend at Canterbury Park? It was so much fun. All sorts of vendors brought their antiques and junk to sell but it wasn't laid out like junk. They had a lot of fun and interesting ideas for their items and they were all laid out like mini boutiques. My mom and I found so many fun items and ideas to bring home with us.

My purchases:
Scrabble tiles
Watch faces
A rake head

What do you think of those? Sound a bit out there? Haha! I love them.

Update: If you like this outfit, check out Nic at Domestic Sophisticate. She is the queen of this look. The hats, the heels, the boyfriend pants... she owns them!

9 comments:

eednic said...

ah yes! i love this color combination. it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I think you pulled off this outfit very nicely!! I love those colors on you too! P.S. I want those shoes!!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ahh i love those shoes......I'm so proud you wore the hat!!

jess said...

oh, the above comment is me

Leah said...

You rock girl... turquoise and coral is a great combination. I love your cool, laid-back look. And your shoes is awesome.

Honeybunches of Roses said...

great color combo, I'm so lovin the shoes...Personally I have never been a big fan of boyfriend jeans, because they make me look short, so I'm kind of bias towards that...but the hat rocks!

Christen said...

Turquoise and coral look amazing together. And you are totally rocking the combo here!

THE DIVINITUS said...

Agree, supercute monochrome combination.

Anonymous said...

love the colors together and you look so cute! def pulled off the jeans and hat.