Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Passionate Fashion - Layered Layerington

Staying warm and fashionable has been about one thing lately. Layers. I have plenty of jackets and plenty of short sleeve shirts but layering items are a bit lacking in my closet. I have been working on solving my layering issues. I don't want my layers to create bulk that I don't need. Right?

My solution? Using a lot of thin layers to keep toasty warm.

A secret to this whole layering thing. A warm fuzzy sweater... looks like the same warm fuzzy sweater. Three layers of shirts can be reworn and remixed without being as noticeable!




Black Suede Blazer - thrifted
Blue Long Sleeve Hoodie Sweatshirt - Old Navy
Gray Tank Top- Old Navy
Striped Long Sleeve Shirt - Mossimo
Khaki Cords- Maurices
White Studded Belt- Target
Necklace - Gifted
Watch - Unlisted
Boots - Mia











As a more casual look, I could have worn this jean jacket. It would have worked just as well if not better.

Denim Jacket - Ralph Lauren thrifted
And the shoes!!!!!
Anne Michelle? - thrifted

3 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

Multiple slim layers is totally the answer. You can make so many different outfits just based on the mix! This outfit definitely works with both jackets. Good stuff!

stylefyles said...

Love the layers in this look...you're totally right, mixing and matching makes it easy to disguise doubling up....though I do love your warm fuzzy sweater from the previous post!

Really liking this look with the jean jacket! Somehow I can never make those work for me.... =(

AVY said...

Suede blazers are always nice.