Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

What I Wore Today- Vintage, My Way



I don't know if I really know what the word "vintage". According to dictionary.com:

vin·tage
(vĭn'tĭj) Pronunciation Key
n.
  1. The yield of wine or grapes from a vineyard or district during one season.
  2. Wine, usually of high quality, identified as to year and vineyard or district of origin.
  3. The year or place in which a wine is bottled.
    1. The harvesting of a grape crop.
    2. The initial stages of winemaking.
    3. A group or collection of people or things sharing certain characteristics.
    4. A year or period of origin: a car of 1942 vintage.
    5. Length of existence; age.
  4. Informal
    1. A group or collection of people or things sharing certain characteristics.
    2. A year or period of origin: a car of 1942 vintage.
    3. Length of existence; age.
adj.
  1. Of or relating to a vintage.
  2. Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic.
  3. Old or outmoded.
    1. Of the best: played songs that were vintage Cole Porter.
    2. Of the most distinctive: "Fatalism has coexisted with vintage American overconfidence" (Thomas Oliphant).

[Middle English, from Anglo-Norman, alteration (influenced by viniter, vintner) of Old French vendange, from Latin vīndēmia : vīnum, grapes + dēmere, to take off (, de- + emere, to obtain; see em- in Indo-European roots).]


According to the adjective form numbers 1 and 3, this sweater is vintage. I got this sweater from my mom. She made this sweater, at least I am pretty sure that she knitted this sweater for herself. I like how this sweater makes me look a little dressy in a big comfy warm sweater.
I put on black (shhh....) jeans and a pair of square nose brown croc boots courtesy of Payless a couple years ago.



I added this necklace to add something but I am not sure if it was a hit or miss. It was either this or pearls. I thought maybe the pearls would be too sweetsy. Do you like the necklace or think it was too much? Let me know so I know!

No comments: