Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Goodwilling hunting

I went on a shopping spree at the local goodwill. I won't tell you how much I spent... I just keep telling myself that it all goes for a good cause.

Shopping sprees like this one are when I wish that I had a fellow thrifter/shopper to go with me, but I don't have someone here with me so I went alone. That can be dangerous but I had an idea of a list of what I wanted to get so off I went. I was looking for a sweater to cut apart, a pair of pants to crop, a pair of jeans to destroy, and some dress shirts to experiment with. I DID find the dress shirts and a million other things I wasn't looking for!

I wanted to take a picture of my cart load of things to try on but I forgot. So sad!
I ran into two girls (sixteen?) by the dressing room and one of the girls looked at my cart with open mouthed shock and asked me if I was going to try all of that on. When I replied yes she said, "and I thought I was a shopaholic." Too funny!

I tried on most if not all of the things in my cart and then had to work on making some hard decisions. Out of a batch of about four skirts, six sweaters/cardigans, 1 jacket, 1 pair of jeans, 3 capris, 9 button downs, two dresses, some other shirts, and about 5 pairs of shoes(this is an estimate, I didn't count them), I narrowed it down to these items.

I FOUND a motorcycle jacket!!! (blue cordouroy with a slight sheen)
and a little black dress... ( on the maternity bandwagon for no reason other than it works for a big chested girl) Both items are brand new Target castoffs with tag on.


a sweatshirt and pencil skirt...



some great shoes... black flats are brand new Target castoff with tags on



A handkerchief shirt, a blue tunic, argyle cardigan... cardigan brand new Target cast off tags on



and three great dress shirts.



I am very excited about the items that I got. Can't wait to wear them all! I would wear them all at once if I could but I don't think that would be very fashionable.

I did pair the motorcycle jacket, the middle dress shirt, and the brown loafers together for my Thursday outfit so stay tuned for that!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

U found some GREAT things, esp that moto jacket!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Good finds!!!!

Kyla said...

Wow! Great finds!

V said...

Wow...such great finds! I have that Target argyle cardigan..love it!